Areas of Interest
- Indigenous Peoples Health & Wellness
- Indigenous Maternal-Child and Reproductive Health
- Population & Public Health: Epidemiology
- Social Determinants of Health & Wellness
- Medical Anthropology and Ethno-obstetrics/ Ethno-Medicine
- Socio-Cultural Anthropology: Ethnographic Research
- Health & Gender: Gender Based Analysis (GBA+)
- Indigenous Feminist Perspectives
- Community Based Participatory Action Research and Appreciative Inquiry
- Interdisciplinary Research Methods & Theoretical Constructs
- Indigenous Traditional Knowledge Systems
- Saulteaux- Anishinaabemowiin Language, Epistemologies, Oral Literature
INDIGENOUS MATERNITY EXPERIENCES
Creating a culturally and contextually relevant Indigenous Maternity Experiences Survey that examines Indigenous women's experiences during prenatal care, labour and birth, and 6 months postpartum.
INDIGENOUS MATERNAL-CHILD HEALTH
Planning & disseminating information on Indigenous maternal child health information needs, gaps and priorities in Canada.
Ekjut works for the improvement of maternal and newborn child health through participatory intervention with women's groups in Jarkhand, India. Groups take part in a participatory learning action cycle to identify and prioritize maternal and newborn problems, find feasible solutions and implement and evaluate together.
COLONIALISM AND INDIGENOUS PEOPLES HEALTH
Examining the historical, social, political, economical and cultural impacts of colonization on Indigenous peoples health, including embodied intergenerational colonization.
INDIGENOUS LANGUAGE REVITALIZATION
May-abee kam-noo poon: Blueberry Patch